Posting the stuff I'm getting rid of turns out to be a little embarrassing! Not that I'm getting rid of anything particularly awful. Still, why did I keep this stuff in the first place?
I've got, in no particular order:
- 2 bottles of dry shampoo (one regular, one sample) (this is how often I use dry shampoo: never)
- 1 sample bottle of dry conditioner (same deal, don't use, ever)
- a belt I bought and never wore (damn Kickstarter campaigns!)
- an old silver dish with lid (very tarnished)
- 2 headphones I either don't like (or maybe they're broken, I'm not sure)
- 2 packages of incense and 1 jar of incense cones
- 2 magnetic note pads (where do those things come from???)
- 1 luggage tag
- 1 old pair of sunglasses
- 2 things that will convert an android charger to iPhone (we don't own any Apple products)
- 1 lanyard for a jump drive I don't have
So more than seven things, but I wasn't going to stop just because I hit my goal. I found stuff in the bathroom, the china cabinet and in the office. It feels good to get rid of this stuff.
I also took some of our "good" cloth napkins down to the laundry room to be bleached, and I threw away/recycled some miscellaneous coupons, papers, and other unusable things I found. And while I was at it, I rinsed and put away a bunch of empty beer bottles that Eric will use for his home brew. (Shout out to Kyle Myerscough for rinsing AND taking the labels off the bottles he gave us!)
Read more about this challenge: