We got a Costco membership today. Now we have outrageous amounts of stuff in our house. Like 15 pounds of dog biscuits, 72 cans of Diet Coke and 36 rolls of toilet paper.
Obviously we've lost our minds.
Last day of gratitude lists! Next week I'm going to cut sugar out of my diet.
- Living in a walk-able neighborhood
- Being physically healthy and able to walk places
- The Living Social deal that got us a $20 Costco cash card
- Groupon-type deals in general
- Friends who post pictures of their European vacations (thanks, Dani!)
- Fix-A-Flat (comes in handy!)
- Makeup remover
- Fall flavors of everything
- Fire pits
- Snow, when it happens on my days off
- Spring bulbs
- Wild flowers
- Cultivated flowers
- The two ferrets we used to have, Frank and Squiggly
- The chinchillas we used to have, and the baby chinchillas they had (oops!)
- Digital cameras
- Phone cameras
- Living in a time when I can post writing online and people can instantly read it
- And, last but not least, spiders
This challenge was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. Trying not to repeat myself wasn't easy, nor was trying not to leave anything important off the lists. Then the lists themselves raised questions of priorities. Is my cat more important than my husband? No. But the lists might make it look that way.
Which brings up another issue, which is taking those we love for granted, because they are, in many ways, always there. Whereas I don't expect a cat, a coffee mug, or even a park to remain with me forever.
Maybe I should do this challenge again as a list of people I'm grateful for, and why.